Good morning! Egg whites and cheese :)
MAY 1: NEW MONTH. NEW START. NEW OUTLOOK.
I feel like I, and several others out there in tumblr land, have been going through a rough patch, plateaus, crankiness, a slow down - well everyone, now is the chance to CHANGE THAT ALL.
Let’s all make an effort to change that starting today.
MERRIMENT AND MUSCLE IN MAY
Let’s all vow to do one thing that makes us merry and one thing that makes muscle every single day in May - be it a few squats, dancing around to an eighties pop song, sending an e-mail to an old friend, doing a push-up - anything.
I am going to do this every single day starting today. I am going to post every single day and I am going to tag every single post #MMM to keep track of the month.
This is the new challenge I am giving myself and I extend the offer to you all. It is so easy, so why don’t we all try to keep May positive by keeping ourselves fit and happy!!!!
Great idea. I’m so in.
You always come up with the best ideas!!
Im in too! (a few days late, but Im in!)
NutriSystem dinner @ work
What did I do during the 2 minutes it took to cook?
60 second wall sit
30 calf dips
what kind of spray tanning did you do? i'm looking at doing the mystic ones, but i don't know the first thing about it! i'm afraid ill come out blotchy, orange and gross! my big events may 14, so im looking to do it maybe that monday?
Hey! I am no pro, but I did Mystic. The tan doesn’t last too long, so you can do it 3-4 days ahead of time and if you hate it it’ll be faded by the time your event comes around.
I tried it out before doing it for my event, but that’s no help, I realize, as your event is in 10 days. UNLESS you’re willing to get one like today or tomorrow and then another one in a week. But budget and time might prohibit that…
- USE THAT LOTION STUFF LIBERALLY. You do not want tanner in your fingernails.
- check out some instruction videos (google “mystic tan instructions”)
- put plastic on your feet - either booties or use a shower cap (the place i went provided shower caps for your hair but nothing for your feet, so i improvised). dont listen to the people that say hair spray works. it doesnt.
- when you’re done, a few mins after you’re dry, use baby wipes to wipe your hands AND the creases of your wrists. the first time i did it i had lines on my wrists where the tanner had not gotten to.
- HOLD YOUR BREATH, it’s kinda nasty in the booth. but it’s 90 seconds of your life, with 4 breaks to take a breath of air, so you’ll be fine. you can even leave the door to the booth open a crack during the process if you want.
- do a low or middle grade tan, not the darkest they have. you look pale in your pix (no offense! im a ghost!) so i would go with the lightest color so you dont have the risk of turning orange.
- go naked. you’re all alone in there so who cares? plus then you dont ruin anything and you dont have “tan” lines
- you CANNOT shower or sweat (read: workout) for 12 hours. period.
- you WILL be lighter after showering the first time (12 hours or more later) because the top coat washes away, so dont freak if you are darker than you wanted at first. and remember, it fades fast - only a few days.
anything else i can help with?? let me know! Good luck!!!
I HAD to eat the footlong sandwhich at Subway. I couldnt get the 6in could I?
So, when I go to eat a granola bar this afternoon, 1/2 falls on the floor.
I am NOT a 5-second-rule person. So there it is, Karma getting back at me for eating the footlong.
Ive had one all day. Not a bad one, but a dull, achy one.
1 apple + 1 granola bar + 2 excedrin + 1 big glass water
whole wheat bread
foot long (woops)
“Though the jury has long been divided as to whether late-night snacking can lead to weight gain, new research does suggest that eating at times that conflict with your natural body rhythms can prevent you from losing weight. If late-night fridge raids are a problem, read this before it gets dark!
THIS IS MY NUMBER ONE PROBLEM. i eat pretty well at work, all day long, but then i get home and it’s munchie city. :( thanks for posting this!
I have this friend, A, and I was always bigger than her. Then A gained a bunch of weight, and I lost 2 pounds.
Recently, A posted a TON of pictures where she photo-shopped them to make herself look thinner. (Apparently there’s this new program out that helps you slim people in photos like the pros do). She touched up herself in the pix, but of no one else. So there I am in all my fat glory and she looks thinner than me! And today she sends them all out to everyone she knows. Really?!
I KNOW this is petty. But I have a right to be perturbed, right?